“I am an advocate for the development of a multi-faceted District blended of tourism, manufacturing, retirement destinations, municipal enhancements, and a strong I-20 corridor,” said Reynolds. “And I will support sensible, sustainable efforts to grow our economy and population; and will work to ensure our District receives its fair share of our State's revenues and tax dollars.”
- In every community the economy is based on some factor, business or natural resource around which the economy can build.
- My generation has not seen times as tough as these. I'm ready to work to help create jobs, develop our workforce, and assist small businesses in finding their way back in the black.
- I would advocate for and support efforts to develop a multi-faceted blend of tourism, manufacturing, retirement destinations, municipal enhancements, and a strong I-20 corridor.
- By doing this, we can stabilize our population from further decline, encourage young people to stay in the parish and grow with their families, and produce a strong economy that will attract businesses both now and in the future.
- I believe at the national, state, and local levels people should live within their means.
- Like all families who struggle in times when money is tight, we need to look at what is of utmost importance and also look at what we can live without, and make sensible reductions in spending with no new taxes.
- I am not in favor of cutting programs that are essential and necessary to the development of our students or to the survival of the truly needy until we look at all the waste and extravagance that we can do without. Many of our existing state and federal programs may have the right idea; but are often poorly executed.
- I will support any sensible, sustainable efforts that can improve our District's education, local government, economic development and quality of life, and will work to ensure our District receives its fair share of our State's revenues and tax dollars.
Resources, Recreation & Tourism
"Our District has many wonderful natural resources including Lake Bistineau, Kisatchie National Forest, Caney Lake, Dorcheat and Bodcau Bayous" said Reynolds. 'I believe that it is important to manage and culture these resources to offer the best recreational and environmental opportunities for the citizens of our district and for our tourism industry."
- I am an advocate for responsible recreational use of our waterways and forests; for environmental protection, restoration, and management; and for smart, conservative harnessing of our natural resources to address every-day issues such as water useage, power and travel.
“I believe in biological solutions to tackle our recent environmental issues such as the Giant Salvinia, and would support additional research and implementation of sound methods to restore [Lake Bistineau] as a tourism and recreational destination.”
- I would like to see more research conducted on environmentally sound methods to eradicate the Giant Salvinia that currently plagues this vital resource of ours.
- I would support implementation of sound methods to restore, in an environmentally safe process, Lake Bistineau as a tourism destination for District 10.
- I feel that short-term pain could end up in long-term gain if we stay the course and follow the research.
Preservation and Recreational Use of Dorcheat Bayou:
“Dorcheat Bayou, I feel, is one of our most precious resources for many reasons,” he said. “I’m an advocate for options to utilize and promote Dorcheat as one of Louisiana's Scenic Byways that are also respectful to land owners, lift burdens of legalities and liabilities, and ensure the environmental health of the land, water and wildlife.”
- I support the pursuit of options of ways to utilize and promote Dorcheat Bayou as one of Louisiana's Scenic Byways while remaining respectful to land owners, lifting burdens of legalities and liabilities, and ensuring the environmental health of the land, water and wildlife.
“I believe that the State should allow for more local involvement at the school and district levels in the development of teaching methods. This would ultimately enhance higher level learning skills and allow for the incorporation of arts enrichment,” he said. “ It's been my experience that students learn and retain more by participating in hands-on and interactive learning than through a one-size-fits-all curriculum. I strongly support efforts made to teach our kids how to think; and now the primary state-wide focus is on test-thinking. I feel we’re missing the mark.”
- I am a strong public school advocate.
- I believe that the State should allow more local control at the school and district levels which would ultimately enhance higher level learning skills and the incorporation of arts enrichment.
- It's been my experience during my career that students learn and retain more by participating in hands-on and interactive learning than through a one-size-fits-all curriculum.
- I strongly feel that our State's educational system should apply less emphasis on test scores, and more emphasis on student achievement and the teaching of thinking abilities.
- I am not supportive of unfunded, unproven mandates from the State level, which plain and simply, don't work.
Quality of Life:
- I strongly support procedures and policies that guarantee the continuance of equal opportunities for all citizens in District 10 which enable us to enjoy recreational, religious and economic advantages that have been the trademarks of this area for many years.
- I am a pro-life advocate.
- I support traditional family values.
- I am a Christian; and seek direction and guidance in my decisions.